Hunters...Fast and Furious

I didn't spot it at first.  However, noticing that the feeders were empty, I knew something was amiss.  Grabbing zoomer, I began scanning the trees.  Then I spotted it.


Waiting for the perfect opportunity, there it was.
A nice plump Cooper's Hawk.


Turn around ding-dong, I said to myself.  He didn't.  The fast and furious accipiter took off and headed deep into the woods.  It's been a regular around here lately and will be until (and IF) the eagles return full-time.

The next day, after the rain stopped, there he was....same area, same time of day.  Now sitting in the bare branches, he, once again, waited and remained vigilant.




  And this time, he was facing the house, making it easy for me to get a few shots.
Check out Cornell Lab of Ornithology-All About Birds-Coopers Hawk.  





just seeing, saying and sharing...

Hunters...Fast and Furious

with you and those at



Comments

Popular Posts