A Man Who Needs Nothing

As Christmas was approaching and I planned my shopping trips for the week, I said to the Pres, "Honey, what do you want for Christmas? Do you need anything in particular in case the kids ask?". Each time I asked, the answer was always the same, "I don't need anything."  


 As of Monday, there were six days left before Christmas is HERE folks.   Since we were expecting my daughter and Angel to join us for lunch at a local restaurant, I did not head to the gym. Instead, I was running out to pick up a few last minute things...gift card, gift bags and money envelopes. The night before, as I told the Pres what I had gotten my son "from us," he said, "I need a new one of those."

"Honey, I've been asking you for weeks what you need and you said you didn't need anything!!  Do you really need one?"

He nodded without even looking up from the crossword puzzle.  "Well, my old one isn't completely shot, but it won't be long before it needs to be thrown away."

Inhaling deeply before resuming the gift recap, again he interrupted when I mentioned a few more things I'd gotten my son and Angel "from us", "You know, I've been meaning to pick up one of those for myself and keep forgetting.  But I want both kinds."  


By that time, my list had grown for that morning because for a man who needs nothing, he sure made it clear what he needed.

HO!HO!HO!


just seeing, saying and sharing

A Man Who Needs Nothing

with you and those at

Our World Tuesday

Comments

Popular Posts