Remember This?

When we went to the follow-up appointment, I had a feeling.  Call it intuition, but I just felt like something had been out of whack and today was the day we would find out about it. 

When the nurse called the Pres in, I asked him if he wanted me to go in with him and he said yes.  So, while his vitals were taken and EKG done, I sat in the corner quietly watching and listening.  When the Pres said to the nurse in his almost cavalier tone, "How does everything look?", she replied, "The doctor will read the EKG and give you the results." I knew by her tone that something was amiss.

Then, it was during the Cardiologist visit itself that we heard the following words..."I heard something...your heartbeat is irregular...beating an extra beat every other beat...and see something on the EKG.  I want to get further clarification on it and I'm also increasing your cholesterol medication."

Taken aback by that bit of news, as I remained quiet in the chair across from the doctor, the Pres said, "Why are my numbers bad?"

"You have coronary artery disease" was the doctor's reply.

So that was last week and this week, the Pres had to wear a heart monitor.  No big deal.  A lot of people have to wear them to get clarification of their test or exam results.   So then we waited.  However, somehow, I didn't think we'll be going back in six months.  I thought it will be sooner.  Five days later when I got home from the gym, the Pres had something to tell me, "Hon, I went to renew my CDL this morning...I flunked."

"Because?" I said before I began stuffing my mouth as usual.

"Irregular heartbeat."


Waiting to hear from the Cardiologist for the next step was stressful.  However, when he called the other morning and I answered the phone, he said, "Is this the Eagle queen?"  He always knows how to get me to relax which was evident by the boisterous laughter on my part followed by our more serious conversation.

Bottom line is this.
Yes, he has CAD and the irregularity in his rhythm is something known as PVCs (premature ventricular contractions).  No special instructions other than an increase to his cholesterol meds.  The following day, the Pres wanted to go to BJs....he wanted to stop at KFC first...swear to goodness!

A few days later, I went kayaking.


just seeing, saying and sharing

Remember This?

with you and those at


Comments

Popular Posts