Another Project and Subtle Shadows

Although not as busy as he was when they first moved in, the Pres completed the catwalks for my daughter and her honey a week or so ago.  Although it wasn't really what I expected when he told me he was building them a catwalk, I figured he was the builder and would step to the plate with a solution for them.



And he did.  

I would occasionally go out to his garage just to check on him and progress was definitely being made.  Screwing and sawing away, he and his tools continued to buzz for most of that morning.
However, after I finished my chores, I decided to pay him another visit. Greeted with, "Hon, give me a hand moving this one outside...they're kind of heavy so be careful." After lifting my end of the darn thing, I just had to open my big mouth and ask...

"Hey, Honey, when you go there on Friday, who is going to lift these up into the attic hatch? They really are heavy, you know!"  


(Psst...Let me interject here and say that the hatchway to their attic is located in the sun-room which has a cathedral ceiling. So we're talking at least 12' off the floor.)

Coming from a man with a plan, his answer was as quick as it usually is, "Well, I'm going to climb the ladder,get into the attic hatchway and one of the kids is going to lean this against the wall.  When I give the word, she (meaning my daughter) will lift it up to me."

"Really?, I exclaimed.  Do you think that's doable?  They weigh a ton!"

The Pres, aka Muscles, answered with a resounding, "Yep...no problem."

Well, although I wasn't there that day because I was home with the dogs, it really didn't go quite as simply as he expected.  However, they got all the eight foot catwalks in place and the plywood secured on top. It is more than wide enough to walk on and sturdy as could be.  Now they (my daughter and her Honey) are ready to blow in their insulation.
Choo-Choo Tuna's Cute Catwalk


One more thing.  When I was telling a friend of mine at the gym about the catwalks my honey built, she said, "How nice of him to build catwalks for their cat."  She thought these were being placed on the roof edge so the cat can enjoy the view of the bay!!  How cute was that??








just seeing, saying and sharing...

Another Project

and 
Subtle Shadows

with you and those at

Shadow Shot Sunday

Camera Critters

Saturday Critters





Comments

Popular Posts