Yard Work...Ours

Sunday was beautiful here.  Topping out in the mid-70's, I didn't want to stay in the house anymore.  After being cooped up for a week because of this cold, I just had to get out and get air...real, fresh air!  

I started as always, pulling a weed here, then there, and over there.  Then I decided to move a few plants.  So, when  the Pres came home in the midst of my digging holes, asked me what I was up to and I told him, he grimaced.  It seems I always get in trouble when I have a shovel in my hands.  That day was different...he agreed with what I was doing and where I was moving "the extras."

Actually I was quite surprised that he offered to give me a hand but I was not about to say no.  After moving plants, putting down some perennial seed and then fencing in the Hydrangeas, the Rhododendrons and the Viburnum so the deer can't get close to them, we were almost done.  Then once the Pres began heading back to the garage and I said, "Hon, want to help me dig this grass and move it somewhere where it will do better?"

We had been outside three hours already and with a haggard look on his face, he said, "Do you want to move it now or in the Spring?"  

Bursting into laughter, I said, "Did you really ask ME if I want to wait until Spring?"


Finding a spot was my dilemma.  However, the Pres found what we hope will be a perfect spot for the Japanese Blood Grass.  It should get the sun it needs and is in an area that is well drained.  Besides, I think the red tips will help accentuate the Oak-leaf Hydrangeas it is near.


just seeing, saying, sharing...

Yard Work...Ours

with you and those at



Comments

Popular Posts