Relief...A Story


It all began the day I went kayaking on the river.  It was a new approach to get to one of my favorite lakes.


As I got closer to the lake, I heard the geese heading in my direction.

Flying directly overhead, groups of Canadian Geese would round the bend one after another.






Preoccupied by the Geese, I nearly missed the Heron wading in the nearby mashes.

Did you know that a group of geese is called a skein, team or a wedge unless they are flying close together, then they are referred to as a plump?   How cute is that?



Wonderful? Yes.

Breathtakingly beautiful? Yes.

However, after reaching the lake I realized how long I'd been gone and that I was running on empty.  Paddling up river heading back with a 20-25 mph wind working against me, I began to feel like I'd gone too far...like I overdid it as I had already consumed all the food and water that I'd brought so all I could do was focus. 

It was rough, but I finally made it remembering to bear left at the downed Willow. The only problem now was that I had to pee...badly.  

So, after I climbed out of the kayak and dissembled my paddles and gear, I looked for some tall, thick bushes and squatted.  

Ahhhh...relief at last!  Sure there were a few prickly pinches but the relief was totally worth it.  

Then before I could get my shorts up, I heard noises.  Holy crap, someone was coming down the gravel launch!  Hurriedly, I finished pulling up my drawers and pulled my shirt over my shorts hoping to cover anything that was still exposed.  It was all good.  Whew...close call, I thought.  

After chatting briefly with the gentleman and my gear was all loaded and I was ready to hit the road. 

When I got home and told the Pres about my adventure while I was stuffing my face (note to self:  bring more food), he said, "Hon, lay down and take a nap.  You look exhausted and you're just GETTING over a bad cold. Tell me the rest when you wake up."

As nice as that sounds, while lying on the couch with the blanket over my head, I kept feeling something pinching me.  However I was so whipped that I drifted off before I could worry about it. It wasn't until I woke up and headed to the bathroom to pee.

Yes indeed..a stick was in my underwear! Apparently, that's what was pinching my butt when I relieved myself in the bushes.

just seeing, saying and sharing...

Relief...A Story

with you and those at

The Bird D'Pot

Natures Notes

Wild Bird Wednesday


Comments

Popular Posts