Mother Nature's Pain

Last week, Moon was just not herself.  Her symptoms came on suddenly.  She was mopey (not her jolly old self )...even her tail didn't wag much.  She was not chatty and although she ate, it wasn't her normal portion.  She was very quiet and wanted to stay that way. Two days passed and Friday I called the Vet, making an appointment for Monday morning.

Saturday and Sunday she seemed better.  A talkative breed, Huskies howl more than bark.  She was once again wagging and talkative with her standard "WooWooWoo."

 (You do know that Huskies are all about freedom and conversation, right?  We are cut from the same mold I think.)

Anyway, Monday morning came and although she was behaving like normal again, I didn't want to cancel the appointment.

After the Pres and I came back from the Cardiologist for another follow-up (another story), we got ourselves and Moon ready.  She hates going to the Vet...I mean really hates it.  Fortunately my dogs are healthy, so they only go for their annual check-ups.  Unfortunately, they associate the Vet with needles...their vaccinations.  To make things worse, this time we waited a little longer for "the Doc," which just makes her pace and whimper more as if to say, "Mom, I want OUT...NOW."

As happy as I was to tell the Vet that she was "WooWooWoooing," and back to her old self, we did discuss pain management for both Copper's and Moon's arthritis.  "There is nothing wrong with her...blood panel came back great, ears great, teeth great...other than the arthritis," said my Vet.  

It was during the conversation with the Vet that the "lightbulb" went off.  We had had heavy rain here last Thursday and Friday...uh-duh!  Never did I even think about the dogs' aches and pains during the barometric changes!!  What a dummy!  

So, this is just a reminder for all of you pet owners, while you may give your pet vitamin supplements or even joint supplements such as Cosequin DS, remember that Mother Nature and her weather patterns affect your pet just as they affect you.  High humidity and low barometric pressure can reek havoc on your pet.  There are links, upon links when you search Google for arthritis in dogs.  Help them feel better.  They deserve it. 


Oh and while I'm at it, watch out for these things to.  By killing a lot of the invasives around here, we seemed to have reduced the tick population tremendously this Summer. However, lately (now that it's getting chilly) I have taken a few off the kids when I perform my routine "tick check" on them. 



This one was wandering on Coppers white paw so it was easily seen.  Please don't think ill of me when I tell you that I put the tick in the bathroom sink, sprayed it with bug killer and was glad to see it shrivel up and die.  I hate them.

However, in all fairness to them, as a living creature, I Googled "ticks."  There is no definitive proof of their importance in the Ecosystem so I'm glad I eliminated it.



just seeing, saying and sharing...

Mother Nature's Pain

with you and those at



One more thing.
  It isn't Moon and Copper's faces that are dirty and streaked.
  It's my windows...:(

Comments

Popular Posts