M Stands For

Well, I finally did it. Ever since I began observing Eagles, I told myself that I need to learn...and I mean really learn...how to use my cameras. Sure, like many others, I glanced through the manuals. However, I never took the time to put things into everyday use. I always relied on auto mode, then zoomed in or out depending on my subject.

So, when I saw a Photowalk being offered at one of the nearby forests, I made myself sign up. Registering four days before the class was scheduled, I was concerned that since the class was limited to fifteen participants, I would not be able to join in. Needless to say, when I received the confirmation email I was elated.  Another adventure!

For the entire three mile hike, the instructor, a renowned Massachusetts photographer who has had his images published in Sports Illustrated and the Wall Street Journal, let us ask questions freely. The majority of the participants were also novices making me feel comfortable and those that were "intermediate", we're so helpful to us "newbies."



 It was the first time in four years that my camera was not in auto mode. I'll admit it was challenging to say the least. However, I am now determined to learn to use my camera and all it's settings!!  


And, while I did not get great photos of many feathered friends on this excursion, yesterday was only the beginning. I have already registered for his next class taking place at a lake in the far Northeastern corner of CT where we will focus on "night photography."


just seeing, saying and sharing...

M Stands For...
Manual Mode

with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts