My Replacement

No, the Pres did not order a mail order bride! Get that thought right out of your heads...LOL. However, what did arrive the other day was "my replacement."


Last year I bought a Fitbit HR right before we went to Disney World and, in fact, wore it as we wandered and explored like all the other tourists. So, although not a year old, I noticed that the band was beginning to peel.

Reaching out to FitBit's Customer Service, I emailed them, asking what if anything I could do. First of all, to my surprise and compared to my recent Customer Service experience at Home Depot, I was asked to supply them the date and place of purchase. That same day, the gal emailed me instructing me to pick out a new HR and to expect delivery with five days.

As promised , my replacement arrived along with instructions on how to dispose of the old one. FitBit was WONDERFUL!!!

However, that is only the beginning of the story. The remainder is a dietary choice that I recently made. Admittedly, I use the FirBit app to record the food I eat and love it. It records my hourly step activity, daily water intake, heart rate, sleep, food, steps, making it easy to see on a convenient "dashboard." It is a perfect partner when I hit the gym as it records everything resulting in miles, stairs, caloric intake and heart rate, of course.

However, the other day, the Pres and I met my son and grand daughter to play miniature golf, something we hadn't done in years. After a few hours of laughter and tough competition, we were heading home when the Pres said, "Want to get an ice cream?"

"I was thinking about that since we crossed the bridge. Yep. Let's do it."

Two (one for him and one for me) Heath Bar Blizzards later, we began the remainder of the drive. Once home, the entry into the FitBit App had to be made...or did it? Did I feel guilty as the creamy texture of DQ's ice cream melted in my mouth while I chewed the Heath Bar pieces? NO. Spoonful after spoonful, I savored each and every delectable mouthful until I could clearly see the bottom of the container. Should I enter it into the App that tracks food? Raising my wrist to see who was calling as I heard my cell phone ring, my guilt won. My FitBit HR has served me well and the least I can do is tell it the truth!  



Entering "Blizzard" in the Search field, it immediately appeared. Listing it as "afternoon snack" just for kicks and grins, then I Googled it.  It wasn't pretty...



Dairy Queen - Heath Bar Blizzard - Small

  1.   
Calories600Sodium310 mg
Total Fat26 gPotassium0 mg
Saturated16 gTotal Carbs83 g
Polyunsaturated0 gDietary Fiber1 g
Monounsaturated0 gSugars73 g
Trans1 gProtein11 g
Cholesterol50 mg
Vitamin A20%Calcium35%
Vitamin C0%Iron15%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.





 Oh, one more thing...I got a MEDIUM.





just seeing, saying and sharing...

My Replacement

with you and those at







Comments

Popular Posts