The Devil In Disguise

Remember how excited I was when the Trumpet Vine (The Waiting Is Over) finally began blooming last year?  Well, it was after that post that I found out the truth about that little devil.  

You know that plant I searched and searched for...PAID FOR...the one to attract Hummingbirds...the Trumpet Vine...the one that didn't do anything for a long time except climb the baseball scoreboard.  Then when it bloomed all those beautiful orange-red tubular flowers, I was posting pictures of it and that when I found out is INVASIVE and if planted near trees can result in their STRANGULATION.  Several of my readers had told me in their comments how a Trumpet Vine can become a nuisance.  So, following their advice, that Fall, the Pres and I butchered it...and I mean butchered it.

We had intended to dig it up when the excavator was here to remove the tree stumps, but it never got done.  "Don't worry Hon, I'll dig it up by hand and we'll move it.  Where do you want it?," the Pres asked about six weeks ago.

 "Oh, just put it in on the outside of the fence.  It can use that to climb on."  


Thus, the bare stump was placed in the ground and ignored.  Grant you, although it has no blooms this Summer, it looks like it made it.
 
HOWEVER...

now beside the deep hole it left when he dug it out, it has been producing shoots constantly.


We have it all over the place along the fence (which must be from those darn blooms!!) and on both sides of the stonewall the Pres and Luke built last Fall.

It was the Pres' idea to put some there, "Hon, it can't kill rocks, so what have we got to loose?"

Regrettably, I went along with his suggestion.  Well, guess what?  Thus far, although the Pres and I have dug up about five pieces of the stuff and just let it die, it still keeps coming!  In fact, I just spotted that little devil coming up in the lawn!!!  Wait until he finds that out along with the new shoots that I just spotted last night!!!


just saying and sharing...

That Little Devil
with you and those at









Comments

Popular Posts