It Just Takes Time

Although it may be difficult for you to see the tracks left by the ATV when the Pres made his way through the woods, his "first pass" was a success. The Japanese Barberry and other invasive species are dying! After I took a few pix and talked to the Pres, he assured me he will hit them again...and again...and again.  




We don't want to eradicate the ferns as we have such a variety but some of them were impacted.  However, when I attended a presentation, I learned about the hundreds and thousands of spores ferns have, so I am confident that those that do get damaged will be replaced.

The Pres drove right into all that thick Barberry and Multi-flora Rose and literally attacked it with a concoction.  However, it is within the confines of the fence where I yank and pull whenever I spot new pieces of the Bittersweet sprouting.  Just when I seem to have it under control, new sprouts appear.  

I'd been told that continual and constant control will eventually get rid of any invasive. That has proven true for the Japanese Barberry that was within the confines of our fence when we moved in.  That was nearly five years ago.  Hoping that the same vigilance will work for the Bittersweet, I keep on pulling.




just saying and sharing It Just Takes Time with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts