What Happened?

It happened suddenly. There was no warning.
Perhaps it wasn't the smartest thing to do but it seemed to help. Wearing the back belt while I was outside working in the yard seemed to help. It gave me that little bit of extra support however, around 4:00, I decided to call it quits.

Calling the dogs to also come in, I turned to look at them as they headed toward the patio. Trotting along like she always does when called, Moon was first. That in itself was NOT normal. Copper is ALWAYS first...ALWAYS. So, I peeked around the corner of the house wondering where he was.

Back legs quivering, there he was...just barely standing. Hobbling, his front legs were working fine. It was his left rear leg that he wasn't putting any weight on. Since he has arthritis in his right hip, trying to rely on the strength in that leg was pathetic. Struggling to walk as he came down the hill, he couldn't even wag his tail!

And, I have to tell you...it was breaking my heart.

What happened??

I just didn't know. Wondering what happened to him and walking over to him just to be next to him, repeating "Go easy, go easy, Old Man." Once we got in the house and near his bed, I picked up his leg to look at the pad. Nothing. Running my finger gently through his toes, I saw nothing. Refusing to eat, he settled in his bed almost immediately.

That was on a Tuesday. The Pres was working the polls so he got home late. That night was the worst. The poor thing could just about walk to go to the bathroom. So, needless to say, his struggle became my struggle. Although he would drink his water, he refused to eat.  The entire time he was hurting, Moon guarded him and watched over him like an angel.  When he hobbled outside, she went with him even though she didn't have to "go."  

After 24 hours, he began to put weight on his foot and after 48 hrs, he was back to trotting around.

However, I still do not know WHAT HAPPENED.

Did he get stung?
Did he get bitten by a snake?
Did he step on something?

Oh, one more thing.
Every lawn needs ornaments.
These two are mine.



Today...now...they are both fine. 

 Yes, the lawn ornaments are fine and
they are back right where they belong.


just saying and sharing...


Comments

Popular Posts