Clear Instructions

We all know how important clear instructions are. The come with appliances, electronic devices, yard tools and even kitchen gadgets. Well, before we left for vacation, I typed up a set of instructions for the sitter. The list included helpful hints for feeding the dogs (who occasionally go on a hunger strike when we go away), where all the baked goods were that I made, etc. Added to the list was "fill the bird feeders" and "water the houseplants sparingly."  After all, I knew I wanted the birds to know that I was coming back AND we all know that giving a plant too much water is NOT a good thing.
Well...

The day after we returned, I was up early as usual trying to get some of the quiet things done while the Pres snored and snored. It was when I was dusting that I lifted the rectangular planter up off the granite divider that I noticed a huge stain within a puddle of water about 15 " around. Setting the planter down in the nearby boot tray on the floor, I scurried to grab some paper towels and began whipping.


Later that day the sitter stopped by to get paid. Placing my arm around her neck as I turned to pick up the rectangular planter, I said, "Babe, this is artificial."



"OMG! And I watered it", she exclaimed.



"Yep...twice," I replied smiling.

So, like everything else in my life, this was a learning:

Always leave clear instructions.


just saying and sharing...

Image-In-Ing

Our World Tuesday

Comments

Popular Posts