Their Wall

In September, when I attended the Coverts Project, one of the things I wrote on my list for habitat improvements was to build a stonewall.  Well...

Pulling up the gravel road, I could see him working and it was nearly finished.  He'd gotten quite a bit done in one day.



After rolling the huge boulders loose from the pile and close to where he wanted them, he drove in spikes and pounded.

 Splitting boulders by hand using the sledge hammer while the bobcat sat motionless seemed a little silly to me, but apparently the Pres wanted it that way.

That lasted until nearly sunset and it was then he had a beer and talked about resuming the next day.
Do you know how many critters will be able to call this place home next year?  Well, although I cannot give you a head count, I am hoping that once I plant some natives, it will attract lots of tiny, little critters....:)





It came out AWESOME!

Not bad for a man who had open heart surgery 6 months ago!!


Sharing their our
 wall with you and those at


Comments

Popular Posts