Into The Sun and Into The Woods

Now that we have a yard with a lot of sun, I can put in a few lot of sun worshiping perennials. Since I have seed from established plants, I plan on sowing some of my old-time favorites like Shasta Daisies, Black-eyed Susans and Coreopsis Tickseed along with Cone Flowers, which I love.  


Then adding a few Gaura (that I bought on sale recently) as well as a Butterfly Bush, I think I should get plenty of color, interest and activity to my upper stonewall out the kitchen window.  

Although I really do miss the feeders being there, now it's time for butterflies, bees and hummingbirds!

Remember this?


Well this climber will be relocated, thanks to the recommendation and information many bloggers provided me (so thank YOU, again!).   It will be moved away from trees and surrounding shrubs and our Clematis.

 If you remember, the Pres and I waited and waited for blooms. Year after year, we sat watching the vine expand without blooms. This year, although we got quite a few blooms, we now know how invasive a Trumpet Vine can be. So the other morning when it was cool, I began cutting.

  
I cut...

and cut...

and cut.

In fact, I nearly cut my fingertip off!!




We are now left with this which will be dug out and moved to the fence that runs along the gravel road. There are no trees for it to climb...just fence, so we are hoping it will creep laterally.

  However, the Pres was more than slightly annoyed that I cut so much...OOPS!
"Well, Honey", as I told him, "now the plant is much easier for you to handle when you move it."


So, yes, we've been busy but as you can see, if you look closely, we still have to pull the tree trunks, grade, seed and move six Hydrangeas, a Sweet Shrub, 
the Viburnum and Forsythia. 

However, there is no shortage of trees when we are surrounded by forest on three sides.

Good Fences

Outdoor Wednesday

Our World Tuesday


So here it is Wednesday already and by the time you read this, I will have left, heading  for my four day excursion "into the woods."  The sleeping bag, pillow and blanket are all smelling fresh and I'm sure will feel wonderful after busy days with classes, hands on treks into the 6,000 acres and trading stories around the campfire each night.





Comments

Popular Posts