The Beginning Of A Good Thing

Towards the perimeter of our well- treed lot is an area that the Pres has been able to mow. When the subject of butterflies and Milk Weed came up, he looked me oddly.   The look began the conversation with him about the importance of Milk Weed.  ((This "conversation" has taken place for three years, I might add!)


I said, Hon, I'm going to order some Milk Weed.

For what? There's plenty down below, the man said.

Where? I never see it bloom.

That's because I don't let it. I mow it down.  I hate that stuff, said the man.  That stuff gets everywhere!!

What!?!?! Are you crazy?!?!  I've been trying to grow it ever since we moved here. I want it for the Monarchs. 














Sharing the beginning of a good thing
with you, the Monarchs and those at


Comments

Popular Posts