Happy Tears Appeared



His surgery was this past Tuesday.  Wheeled away right before 7:30 am, the OR nurse told me she would touch base with me throughout the process.  Since he was "having a lot done,"  Maggie not only called me once the first incision was made, but also around mid-point, then again when the breathing and drain tubes were being inserted.  My daughter, Angel and step daughter were all there to see him off, waiting patiently for and during each call.

Then the surgeon called to tell me "everything went well.

It was when I saw the surgeon face to face that it happened.  Once again, telling me, "He did great.  There were no surprises.  Everything went like clockwork,"   I listened carefully to each and every word.  "His valve had only two leaflets.  He was born with it.  I gave him a big one now which should give him good flow compared to the one removed which was severely calcified."

Hugging him tightly and saying "Thank you over and over," 
happy tears appeared.




Comments

Popular Posts