They Wheeled ME Away
Taken towards the end of May and sharing with you and
Good Fences
these "not too far from home"
shots should give you an idea of how I feel today.
Of course, they have nothing to do with what happened to me on Tuesday, but that's how I roll...:)
Not long after Luke returned from his solo walk, the rehab nurse helped him sit in the chair in his room. And I mean sit....bending at the both hips. While the Pres leaned against the Heat/AC unit near the window, I sat on the edge of the bed.
Good Fences
these "not too far from home"
shots should give you an idea of how I feel today.
Of course, they have nothing to do with what happened to me on Tuesday, but that's how I roll...:)
Not long after Luke returned from his solo walk, the rehab nurse helped him sit in the chair in his room. And I mean sit....bending at the both hips. While the Pres leaned against the Heat/AC unit near the window, I sat on the edge of the bed.
Listening to Luke tell us about how it felt to be able to move his hip, glute and leg muscles, I began to feel warm and took off my lightweight raincoat. Suddenly the feeling of dizziness and lightheadedness was overwhelming so I tried to stand and walk towards the Pres and the chair near him.
The next thing I knew I had a team of medical personnel standing around me all talking at the same time. Someone said I had a stroke. Someone else said I had a seizure. Someone else had already diagnosed me as diabetic. NONE of them wanted to listen to me when I said, "I fainted."
Yep. Then they wheeled me away. Long story short? Six hours later and after having a multitude of tests which were fine, I was given my diagnosis. SYNCOPE. (Go ahead, look it up. I did.)
However, I was also severely dehydrated because I hadn't been drinking the amount of water I normally do over the past few days...just too busy. Upon discharge, I promised the doctor I would skip Tai Chi that evening and the gym the next day, get some rest and take in fluids. I am.

Comments