Our Pit Stop
Since the Pres and are getting "older" we have noticed that we need more pit-stops when we hit the road.
Apparently, we are not alone.
Once the temps began warming, our yard was, once again, a pit-stop for a multitude of passers-by.
Well, I thought it was a pit-stop.
Crows, against my wishes, decided to build a nest in the pines this year. They become noisy...very noisy...when chasing away the Barred Owl, for instance, and I watched the whole thing through my binoculars...amazing teamwork among the Crows!!
Intelligent birds, did you know that there have been studies done which indicate that Crows can actually recognize humans?
Now that, to me, is downright scary!
Although I have been watching them in action a lot this year, they have never been one of my favorites. Their incessant and constant cawing when chasing an enemy out of the woods and into the sky breaks the silence when I'm out working in the yard.
Perhaps they were the ones who announced our yard as a great pit-stop, because, following their lead, we were then invaded by a huge flock of Gackles, the pesky nuisances that keep all the songbirds away.

Taking their sweet old time at the feeders, crunching and munching away, while all the "little ones" kept their distance, they finally took to the surrounding trees.
Apparently, we are not alone.
Once the temps began warming, our yard was, once again, a pit-stop for a multitude of passers-by.
Well, I thought it was a pit-stop.
Crows, against my wishes, decided to build a nest in the pines this year. They become noisy...very noisy...when chasing away the Barred Owl, for instance, and I watched the whole thing through my binoculars...amazing teamwork among the Crows!!
Intelligent birds, did you know that there have been studies done which indicate that Crows can actually recognize humans?
Now that, to me, is downright scary!
Although I have been watching them in action a lot this year, they have never been one of my favorites. Their incessant and constant cawing when chasing an enemy out of the woods and into the sky breaks the silence when I'm out working in the yard.
Perhaps they were the ones who announced our yard as a great pit-stop, because, following their lead, we were then invaded by a huge flock of Gackles, the pesky nuisances that keep all the songbirds away.
Taking their sweet old time at the feeders, crunching and munching away, while all the "little ones" kept their distance, they finally took to the surrounding trees.
Sharing our pit-stop with

Comments