Wind Instruments

When I was in College, I took a Music Appreciation class. Taught by a reserved gentleman, who blushed at the slightest thing, I learned to do just that...appreciate music...all kinds of music.  The quiet and shy "Dr. S" was passionate about Classical Music.  It was his exuberance for Mozart, Beethoven, Rachmaninoff and Chopin that gave me my introduction to the classics, which I continue to cherish to this day.


Now, as for the wind instruments that adorn our yard, I honestly don't remember who gave me my first wind chime.  

That doesn't matter.

I love them all.

This one, with the Cardinals, belonged to my MIL and when she passed I asked if I could have it.

The one (above) was a gift from a fellow Firefighter...a very, good friend.


This is my FAVORITE (so I had to show you just how windy it was the day I took the pix)!  It was made by our good friend and neighbor, Buddy, when we lived in Virginia.






A gift from my Sister and Jim, this is the largest of all the wind chimes that make music daily here in the yard.  It creates beautiful deep, resonating tones.  




The last one was a gift from my son and purchased at the Butterfly Farm in Aruba.


Although I cannot tell you when I fell in love with this kind of wind music, I have.

Oh, did you notice the fences?

I hope so because that's who I'm sharing with today...you and 



Comments

Popular Posts