Life's Parking Lots


 Yesterday, I struggled with whether or not I should go to a reunion of my peers when I worked at the bank.  I had gone last year and saw folks I hadn't seen in years which was in the back of my mind all morning, while I picked up garbage for Earth Day.



When I had finished the task at hand, my back was killing me from the constant bending and leaning, yet when I picked up the paper and read my horoscope..."leave yourself some time at the end of the day to enjoy pleasant recreation or to spend time with someone you love," I knew I had to go.

Leaving my house extra early and planning on stopping to visit a life-long friend and fellow co-worker along the way, I snapped this quick pic of an awesome fence I passed to share with you and everyone at 

Good Fences

However, taking me much longer that it normally does because the highways were literally parking lots, I, once again said to myself, "You know, dummy, it's an hour and half one way, then another hour and half to get home.  May be you should just turn around now."

But I didn't.

Fast forward now to arriving and seeing many of the wonderful people that I once worked with congregated in the lounge.  Giving hugs, trading stories and memories, it was wonderful.  Soon, the lounge became a parking lot too.  Yet regardless of where I turned, there was another person to hug and kiss on the cheek!!

Laughing, smiling, chatting through dinner, with hugs and farewells for dessert, a very close friend and fellow co-worker handed me her business card.  

This morning when I went to my purse to get it, it was gone.  Frantically thinking I'd lost it, I went out to my car.  There it was, resting comfortably on the floor mat.  It, too, had found it's own parking lot.






Sharing with you and those at


Dedicated to all those I saw last night.

Comments

Popular Posts