I Wonder

Last week when the temps sailed into the 60's, it was heavenly!  Facing the direction where the Eagles nest is, sitting on the deck with the dogs was so relaxing.  Of course, once the leaves open on all the trees my view of the pines is nearly obliterated.


While Copper enjoyed the warmth of the sun in the yard, Moon, as always, remained near me on the deck.





As I began brushing her, her relaxed demeanor changed.  Gazing up at the small maples on the upper level of the stonewall, she began to growl.  I wonder, does she know how I feel about the hawks that come to hunt at my feeders?  This is not the first time this has happened.  Her gaze upwards never deviated...I wonder.





The growl became louder and then she barked sharply.  The accipiter was gone in an instant.

The three of us went back to relaxing and listening to the Eagles.





Comments

Popular Posts