Good Spot
Because we are on a ridge, I have a nice view of the sky looking both to the West and Northwest. In the morning when I'm drinking my coffee, it is a perfect spot to see what's going on even before the dogs and I get out there.
And when daylight comes, it is such a pretty view...like my own picture window. Look what I spotted. Do you see that little "blob" out of place sitting on the limb of that big Maple? Good spot!
Later that morning, the Hawk was still there so I brought the camera out with me.
Perched on the same branch when I went out again later with the dogs, I took advantage and took a bunch of pix.
Perched on the same branch when I went out again later with the dogs, I took advantage and took a bunch of pix.
Looking around, watching the dogs and I as we made our way through our morning routine, it just sat.
Keeping my distance, I'd look up, snap a pic then move on.
Preening and apparently fixing a few feathers that were out of place, it seemed to enjoy the morning sunshine beating on it's chest.
And then there was that "itch."
At first I thought it was a Red-Tail but looking at it's coloring and markings I'm leaning toward a Red Shouldered Hawk.
What do you think?
Then back to looking around again. It is amazing the amount of rotation a bird has in it's neck, isn't it?
Our morning routine ended with it flying off in the direction of the thicker pines to the North. Perhaps it spotted a mid-morning snack. It must have thought that the limb was a good spot, because it stayed for a long time and showed up three days in a row!
Sharing with you and those at

Comments