Gotcha...Finally

Following numerous bloggers, I have often admired their photos of the many birds they share.  Yet the Northern Flicker has always been a got to get it for me.  Living here with woods all around us (with the exception of the gravel road up to the house), I had never seen one and wondered WHY. Since I didn't know much about them either,  I Googled Northern Flicker, only to discover there were two types...Yellow and Red.  Google is amazing, isn't it?

Well last week, my wish came true. When I saw the large woodpecker at the feeder and recognized it immediately. I just couldn't stop pressing that shutter button.









Oh, one more thing.
I've seen this Yellow-shafted Northern Flicker every day for over a week now.
Maybe...just maybe...it will decide it likes
A Quiet Corner.









Comments

Popular Posts