A Gentleman of Sorts

Sitting on the ab machine and chatting to Steph, who was using the back machine, we both smiled as Norm began to walk by.  Norm is a trip!  A retired Navy Medic and a fellow birder, he always has something interesting to say along with a joke of some sort.  And so it began.

"Guess what I did last week JP?  I rescued a Flicker. It flew into a window and when I picked it up, it looked at me soulfully, saying Please don't hurt me. I blew in it's beak and it came right around!  Then I let it go."

Since he had my attention as soon as he said the word, Flicker, I told him about the one I've been seeing. He then told me that as large a bird as they are, they will not bother the smaller birds at the feeders, like the pesky and bossy Blue Jays.

Heading home and seeing what you're about to see confirmed just what Norm had said...that the Northern Flicker is, in fact, a gentleman of sorts.

Enamored by Eastern Bluebirds, I could not stop watching them look up at the Flicker as if to say....Hey big guy...be a love and let some suet drop down here.  





Whether accidently or intentionally, he did, reaffirming that this bird really is a gentleman!








Sharing the gentleman with you and those at



So, who's the gentleman in your neck of the woods...Hmmmmmmm?

Comments

Popular Posts