Walking Makes Me Hungry

Since I like to keep moving and love nature, I've always enjoyed walking. In the colder weather, once the kayak is hung up, I join in on a few local walks at nearby reserves and land trusts. Most of the regulars know I appear after kayak season. Besides, it's nice to play catch up, right?





Last week, although the walk was slated for Wednesday, a typical gym day, I had to make an exception and play hookie from the gym. Sure the walk would result in more learnings and things of interest but better still was the pot luck get together after our hike that I was looking forward to!

I meant to take a pic of all the food, but was too busy filling my plate with Artichoke Dip, Cheese and Crackers, Hungarian Goulash, Swedish Meatballs, Tossed Salad, Bacon Spinach Quiche and Cheesecake, Apple Crisp and Chocolate Pecan Fudge for dessert. 

Trust me, it was delicious after our brisk walk through the woods. A great bunch of people, this crowd is all about Mother Nature and the conversations are just as brisk as the walks! 




Gosh I make great Apple Crisp!  I had to have a little when I got home...:)



Sharing with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts