Save A Stump
Remember all those little Red Squirrels that were running amuck over the Spring and Summer here? I was beginning to worry about where they went until just the other day when I saw one scoot into the thick brown woods. Leaping the crevices between the rocks as if it was bionic, it's little tail and back were bristled because Moon was in hot pursuit. Yet, he is what prompted me to take a little stroll through the woods to get a few pix.
I found something rather interesting..a stump garden!
Well, that's what I call them anyway.
There, along the path, was one of many tree stumps. Moss covered sides nearly covered the deteriorating remains yet on top...standing tall...
LIFE.
And if left undisturbed, I think it will make it,
don't you?
Known in my book as a squirrel restaurant, this old stump had an entirely different use. Used by squirrels to sit on as they crack open and enjoy a nice meal, they get a better view of their predators.
And when I got back from the woods and looked around the yard, I realized there's hope for a few of ours too! I've been transplanting various mosses I find on my excursions and they are doing quite well, giving this one definite potential.
Then beneath this old stump lies the magical place of our little gnome, Percy also filling in nicely with mosses.
So next time you cut down a tree, do me a favor...
save a stump!
Sharing with you and

Comments