Returns


The wrong size is NOT always returnable.  Trust me.  Sometimes when things don't fit the way they're supposed to, people get cranky too!  Take my word for it.

Sure it's easy enough to return an article of clothing, if it's the wrong size. You can do that with shoes, boots, sneakers, gloves, hats...just about anything, in fact.  And during the shopping season, retailers seem a bit more accommodating, don't you think?

But what do you do when a 10' x 9' garage door doesn't fit????

Yep. You read right. 

 Needless to say last week the Pres was not the happiest camper when
 he was out there with the installer...
 in the pouring rain...
 only to find out that the opening was too big!
Bah Humbug!!!

  Actually, I think one side is not plumb, which caused the problem.  Bear in mind, the opening had already been finished.  That means trimmed and sided. Yep. You read that right too.

Meanwhile the railing for the stairs and landing on the exterior were completed while the electrician worked his magic on the interior.  The coach lights and motion detectors have been ordered.  Everything else is nearly completed.

Return the door?

Heck no.
The opening will be adjusted to the correct size by adding extra piece of trim on one side to make it work.  Is the Pres happy with that?  Well, all I can say is that he nearly bit my head off when I asked about the insulation.  

Letting it slide, I moved on,
walking off toward the trunk of my car to get the new wreath I bought for the new garage.  Then I said in a deep bellowing voice...


HO! HO! HO!

Because I decided that when things go wrong, a smile will get you through it!!




Sharing pix with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts