New Boots and Old Geese

So it was my birthday last week.  Yep, turned 67...sixty seven...YIKES!!  Yet, when the Pres asked me what I wanted, I asked for new hiking boots.  Mine are pretty worn...more like shot.  They leak so I only wear them when it's dry which makes sense to me but not to the Pres, who said they should be tossed.  I have had those Timberlands since 2003 and they are so comfortable, I just hate to see them go.  Yet, out with the old and in with the new, so they're being retired.

Anyway, off we went to Cabela's for an early morning sale and although I never heard of them before, I am now the proud owner of a pair of Ahnu hiking boots. Comfortable, waterproof and some sort of heel impact cushioning for stabilization when hiking...just awesome!! In with the new was much easier than I thought it would be.



Besides, I thought about all the trails and gravel roads I have yet to walk...a never ending collection of new ground!


A NEW YEAR to WALK NEW GROUND

While we were waiting for the State of Connecticut to approve a purchase of yet another rifle for the happy hunter, I spotted these old Canadian Geese flying overhead....







in the store, of course.

Sharing with you and those at





HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Oh, one more thing.
I decided to keep my old boots just a little longer.
For dry days.

Would you keep them?

Comments

Popular Posts