It's NOT A Cabana

Snapping pix of the garage as it progressed, I shared a few on FB for friends and family to see.  One of my recent posts drew the attention of my SIL and that of a former colleague from "the bank".

While my favorite SIL was happy for Honey in his endeavor and commented "it is coming along nicely," Gary, a good friend who always threatened to date my daughter, said, "I like the handyman or should I say cabana boy, JP?"  


Behind that piece of plywood walks Matt around the the side of the garage.  After telling him how he made all the girls swoon, I asked him ti give me a wave to make them jealous.




Now, every time I go outside for a pic, Matt asks me a if I have his "good side" and we all chuckle.  Quite truthfully between OS (Other Son, Corey) and Matt, I haven't decided which one is cuter.  However I do know one thing...they love to eat at coffee break.  

Monday they had Raspberry Danish and a Spinach & Bacon Quiche and Chocolate Chip Bars.

Tuesday's treats were Blueberry Tea Cake (courtesy of Roberta Benoit), Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins (courtesy of Stephanie Meserve) and another quiche because they all loved it so much, they wanted a second one!  




Wednesday I made them Apple Crisp (courtesy of Cathy Roosa) and Oatmeal Raisin Bars for their morning break and in the afternoon, they ate leftovers.  


Thursday I made them Whole Grain Blueberry Muffins and Orange Cranberry Muffins which I served with hot cocoa and whipped cream...because it was chilly.  (These recipes came from the Cupcake Book I won in a giveaway last year!)


Meanwhile the "cabana" progressed nicely and the Pres enjoyed working right along side the boys which meant he too got a coffee break!


Although this is zoomed, I love looking out the kitchen window and being able to see the shadows dance on the rear wall.



The Sour Cream Pound Cake (courtesy of Margaret Bess) should be a big hit...it always is!  Making it over the weekend, I was trying to plan ahead for Monday.



But it rained hard all day Monday so I was ahead of the game since they didn't work.

Making a huge Carrot Cake (courtesy of yet another friend, Louise Mason), I'll ice it later in the week because I'm making a recipe yet another friend tried and loved. That will be their Tuesday snack..some sort of breakfast bake...yum!





Did I tell you I'm not making thousands of cookies this year?




However I am sharing a few recipes with you and those at


Comments

Popular Posts