What "Home" Means


The word HOME has always had a special meaning to me.  Sometimes I think it's because of my childhood.  Sometimes I think it is because I am a Capricorn.  Yet whatever it is, that word...home...has a special meaning to my dogs too.

Attending three classes of obedience, Moon was very "trainable."  Moon knows and responds to the word "come".  On the other hand, Copper, my bonehead, was, shall we say, a tad thick.  After three six week complete sessions of obedience the young Lab/Pit would not respond to the the word "come."  Believing that it was because of his many homes before he found us, and his mistreatment as a pup, I began using the word HOME.







Enjoying the sun while watching the Pres work in the yard, I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to show you.  So, opening the window, I said,
"Moon, Copper...home."

Coming "Home"

It has worked like a charm for the past twelve years...:)

Home to Copper means safety, warmth, body massages, bum-bum & belly rubs.
HOME means LOVE.




Sharing what "home" means with you and those at




Comments

Popular Posts