A Pain In The Neck

Saturday morning while I waited for the Pres to finish getting ready, I spotted something out the kitchen window.  Looking in the direction of where our new garage will be, I saw a bird on one of the Pres' deer targets.

Can you see it?



When I got zoomer and zoomed in, I chuckled and couldn't wait until the Pres came out of the bathroom to see his reaction.  I thought it was so adorable.  However (and you know what that means) the Pres (also known as old cranky pants some days) was not impressed with the little guy's work.  Then he mumbled under his breath, "What a pain in the neck."

"Oh honey, stop it.  It's a bird.  And besides, I think
 the target would make a great house!  Think of all the room they would have!!"
He joined in and said, "Well, it would certainly be warm since it's made out of styrofoam."



When we got home later than afternoon and I walked over to the target, I saw that Pres had taken a rock and shoved it in the hole!!!
So I thought... 

What's more important?
the old dilapidated deer target that's full of holes anyway
or
a woodpecker on a mission?

Do you really have to ask me what I did?

That evening, as I stood cleaning up from supper, the woodpecker returned... and although glad, I remained silent keeping my little secret.  The next morning, when I once again gazed out the window, there it was...pecking and chiping it's way into the body of the twenty five year old, worn target.




  We need to share our space with the creatures around us.
Besides, the Pres has two other targets!!!




Nature's Notes

Wild Bird Wednesday

Outdoor Wednesday


Do you see why the Pres thinks I'm a pain in the neck?

Comments

Popular Posts