A Shut Out

That Friday began like so many others. Dressed and now ready to head out to the gym, I heard the Pres, who was up much earlier than normal. When we exchanged "good mornings" he told me he was heading out to his daughter's to butcher the deer he'd gotten the night before. Parting ways, we said we'd touch base mid afternoon.
 Yes, life is good, I thought.
 ~~~
I heard something odd as the old of the old Wrangler slammed shut but didn't think anything of it.  I heard it again when I got out but it was when I went to get into the Wrangler after my workout that I was taken by surprise. 

 The door wouldn't open. Inserting the key in the lock and turning it did nothing. It was locked and wouldn't unlock!  I thought, Thank goodness I had the soft top on! Besides I could always climb over my kayak, protruding from where the back window should be.  Since it took up a good part of the back and rested on the front passenger seat secured near the glove box, that would be a rough climb in.  






Ahhh...this looks more manageable.  Besides the driver's seat is just a hop, skip and jump.


Deciding that climbing over the wide nose of the kayak from the passenger side was my easiest route, I walked around inserted the key and turned. However, unlike the driver's door, it opened. Thank goodness, I thought. Now all I had to do was climb over the kayak and the gear shift...after my workout, no less!! 

Now in the driver's seat, I once again tried the door and the lock. 
 Nothing...no good...
which meant I had to climb out the way I climbed in! 

 Ugh....

Gosh I was tired...:)

Hmmm...wonder if that's how I hurt my back???




LIFE IS STIIL GOOD...:)

Have you ever been shut out?

Comments

Popular Posts