Hug or Handshake

Inviting us down to their house for some fireworks, we thought we'd bring a little snack...just in case anyone was hungry. Knowing that our host loves my Oatmeal Raisin Bars, I filled the plate with those and a few Chocolate Chip Bars then wraed in snugly in plastic wrap to keep the uninvited guests out. Meanwhile the Pres packed up his Sausage Dip and the large bag of Scoops.  



Off we went...a whole mile and a half down the road...to their gorgeous 3800 sq ft log home that they virtually designed and built together.  In fact, he had just finished put a lift in the third bay of his garage so their middle daughter could park her car underneath the car on the lift!!

 Finding them and their family out in the back yard, I hugged Tammy. The fireworks were wonderful but their company was even better and this time I got to meet a few of the kids' friends which was fun too.

As I walked around their patio introducing myself as "JP, the nut from down the road" and our hostess watched and listened in amazement.   Shaking hands, making eye contact and chatting a bit with each one, I knew I would remember the names and the faces of Ryan, Javier, Christopher, Andrew, Santana, Laila and Emma. They were all such polite well mannered teenagers...a rarity these days unfortunately.

The Pres and I knew we would be seeing more of them, not only since their daughter is our dog and house sitter but also because they are genuine and down to earth...another rarity nowadays!

The following evening after calling us to see if we were home, they drove up the driveway in her 1967 Camero Supersport. When she got out of the car, she handed us a homemade Strawberry Rhubarb pie...warm.



Wonderful people...wonderful kids...and most delicious pie!

Are you a hugger or a handshaker?

Early on in my career at the bank, I was taught how to shake hands by my Manager at the time, a Commercial Loan Officer.
"There's nothing like a professional handshake to leave an impression,"
 Cindy used to say
(even if it is from "the nut down the road"?)


Sharing with you and those at

Comments

Popular Posts