The Old Nameless Gnome

On Father's Day, my son, DIL and Mia came out for a little visit.  A few minutes before I knew they would be arriving, I hopped on the gold cart and headed down the gravel road.  Planning on giving Mia a ride up to the house, I sat patiently waiting.  Believe me, it was all worth it when I saw her little face tickled with excitement as she scampered to unbuckle her booster seat belt and open the car door by herself.

Jumping into the cart and scooching next to me, she immediately grabbed onto the hand railing just as I said, "Ready?"  And we were off, heading up the gravel road as the dust hid her parents following close behind.  

Fast forward through bagels, cream cheese, OJ, coffee (for the grown-ups, of course), and the bacon, egg and cheese on hard rolls.  "Nana, can we make cookies today?  The pink, green and chocolate ones?"  

"Lets ask your Mom and Dad how long you're staying today first?"
After getting a "yes, we have time" from Mom, that is just what we did in between taking rides on the golf cart, making and checking on the little gnome garden.




When I told Mia the names that people had suggested for him, she thought and thought.  I have to admit she really looked like she was concentrating...LOL!! Then, tipping her head sideways, she said, "Percy.  Nana, I think we should call him Percy!"  So,  
Percy it is!


Your not mad at me for not selecting your suggestion, are you?

Sharing Percy (and a few flowers) with you and those at

Mosaic Monday






Comments

Popular Posts