Snail Mail
When the Pres placed the package on the island, it looked like it had been through the mill. Although tattered and torn, I knew what was inside. I had been waiting for it.
You see, AJ of Morning AJ, had a giveaway in April celebrating her blog anniversary. She was supposed to give away ONE book but then AJ posted this the beginning of May.
"Everyone's a Winner!
Hi all
Back last month to celebrate my bloggerversary I offered a book giveaway and said I'd draw a name out of a hat to decide who won. Well. Seven people commented on that post and I figured just giving one book away was a bit mean.
So I have decided to send a book to everyone who commented..."
Back last month to celebrate my bloggerversary I offered a book giveaway and said I'd draw a name out of a hat to decide who won. Well. Seven people commented on that post and I figured just giving one book away was a bit mean.
So I have decided to send a book to everyone who commented..."
Needless to say, she emailed me to tell me I won a book and needed my address which I gave her. Then when others began to received their books, she emailed me to ask if I'd gotten mine. Telling her "No. But don't worry, AJ, the mail is slow here," somehow I knew it would make it.
It did.
Tattered and torn on it's exterior, it looked as if it had gone through the mill. But inside...it was just perfect!
Deciding that I would use AJ's sweet note as a bookmark, I carefully cut out the postage seal from the tattered brown wrapping and taped it to the inside. They belong together!
AJ, thank you from the bottom of my heart for being so thoughtful to send me this special book. I can't wait to read it!
Friendship Friday
Friendship Friday

Comments