Mixing Old and New

Usually, when I come in from outside in the morning, I need something refreshing.  To replenish the energy I've expended in that hour or so, I have been whipping up a little concoction for myself.




Using the Braun stick blender that my sister gave me over twenty years ago, I generally dump in place a low fat Greek yogurt in the beaker first.  (I love referring to this thing as a beaker...makes me remember my college Chemistry lab!!)  Then I add low sugar OJ and some of the protein powder I recently bought.  Loaded with essential vitamins and green tea to promote metabolism, it gives me a little extra protein something we all need as we age.  

Do you know how much protein you should take in a day?
Check out this...The Science of Eating...link.  It gives you, caloric, protein, carbs and fat intake based on your activity level and/or age.
When I found out, I almost keeled over!!


I just slugged down  finished the one I made this morning, using strawberry yogurt, OJ, chia seeds and my protein powder.  Good stuff and so refreshing...:)


Sharing some healthful tips with you and those at

Katherine's Corner~Favorite Things

Are you getting enough protein?

Comments

Popular Posts