The Vanquished

Picture this....

Yesterday morning, 11:30 ish, I am making potato salad for today's cookout while Joey's at grocery store. The windows are open letting in an awesome breeze and all the "sounds of outside."

Hearing Moon bark and knowing that something is wrong, I head towards the slider. Now I can hear loud, sharp, high pitched cries and squawks...
MY EAGLES, I thought!!!

Throwing open the screen, I immediately look up and watch in amazement.
One of the adults soaring high above another bird...a large, dark bird...perhaps one of the immatures from last year. Diving repeatedly at it, it maneuvers over the house yet the adult remains relentless and continues to soar above aiming toward the wing before it eventually retreated, leaving the nesting buffer.


The only pic I got is this....if you enlarge it (although doing so distorts the pixels), you can see the missing feathers on the wing!!!!

MY eagles are protecting something...let's hope it's a chick or two...:)

Meanwhile, my potatoes were a tad over-done!!!

C'est la vie...:)

Comments

Popular Posts