Going Home

Last night as I drove toward the get together, a lot of thoughts soared through my mind. Yet the question that kept resurfacing was...would THEY remember me?

Me?  A nobody that began as a part-time teller struggling to raise two children on my own.
Me?  A young woman who "got the job" despite the fact she couldn't afford panyhose for the interview, wore a jean skirt and navy espadrilles with a blouse borrowed from her friend's closet topped with a blazer
she made on her Singer sewing machine the weeks before.  (With the exception of the blouse and blazer, the entire outfit was against HR dress code!!)

I hadn't seen some of them since 1991...twenty three years ago.

Would THEY remember me?  

Walking into the restaurant and telling the maitre d' I was there for the Centerbank gathering, he pointed to the direction where we would be eating followed by "The are meeting at the bar beforehand." 

Just as I rounded the corner, there was Kim.  It had been sooooooo long since I last saw her.  But she remembered me as we exchanged a long warm hug.

A tap on my shoulder found me turning around to find Sandy (aka Buzzy).  She remembered me.

Then there was Bob.  Greeting me with the smile he always wore and, "Hey, Kid," He remembered me.

And there stood Marty with his wife Donna...and Victor, sitting at the bar.  I found myself soon surrounded by fellow Centerbankers...original pre-merger Centerbankers.  

Standing and talking with Vic, I would turn, to find Anne (who was married to my college friend's younger brother)...Anne, who adopted one of the kittens that my Fatty Fuschia had!!).  She too remembered me.

Then there was Cindy, still tall and beautiful.  And Sue, one of the nicest people I knew.  Then Jackie and Don and Spurrie and Dawn and Mary and Vita and Delores and Bill and during dinner, Rich walked in soon followed by Jimmy and the list goes on reeling through my mind as I write this.

Of course, I brought my camera, but I was too busy hugging and squeezing and kissing and talking to them all to take any!!!  

Yes, last night reuniting with my former colleagues was exciting...wonderful...heart warming.  It was just like GOING HOME!!!  Oh, and one more thing.  They remembered me...:)





Does being remembered make you feel special?


Sharing with you and those at





Comments

Popular Posts