My Sunlit Hero

Spending quality time with my loved ones is, as you know, important to me.  That includes my dogs.  About two weeks ago, although spellbound by the eagles' activity that Tuesday, I told you the story of Moon, our Shepherd Husky being The Guardian.
 ~~~
Sunny and breezy the temps were in the mid-fifties and I was sitting out on the deck. Moon lay facing me about three feet from the base of my chair.  The sun cast such warm  shadows on Moon, I thought I'd snap a few pix of her basking in the sun with my iPad. She is so photogenic.


 

Still observing the eagles later that afternoon, I saw it return, this time perching high facing away from the feeders. After taking one pic, it dove into the neighboring thicket to nab it's prey with such angle and speed.  The only thing I heard was something squeaking in the thicket.  Nature is reality...perhaps that's why I love it so.

What is IT???
A fellow birder friend thinks this may be an American Kestrel, the smallest of the falcons, since it wasn't much bigger than a Dove. 



Sharing a story, some sun and shadows with you and 




Comments

Popular Posts