Friends


~~~
Wednesday afternoon, the Pres drove me to my best friend's to babysit Bunny, their German Short Haired Pointer.  "Bun Bun" also known as "the Baby" not only has bladder cancer but also hates being alone for long periods of time.   My friend was taking her hubby, who is like a brother to me, to the hospital for surgery scheduled early Thursday. 


Bringing my "outside dog attire" and looking forward to spending some one on one time with Bun Bun, I was still in my jammies when they left.  My friend made me homemade biscotti and an assortment of nibblies for me to enjoy while I was "Baby-sitting."  Meanwhile the Pres was home plowing and re-plowing since the snow was coming down 2-3 inches an hour!!  The plan was he would pick me up after she returned home from the hospital.



  Yep...they were up early and left early to drive in the nasty weather making their trip Thursday morning treacherous.  Arriving at the hospital safely and once he was prep'd, now all she had to do was wait...the hard part!  When it was all over and was told the surgery went well and he did great, she waited until he "came to."  Once awake, he, being the considerate husband that he always is, insisted that she head home immediately.  So, cleaning off her Jeep and putting it in 4 wheel drive, she hit the road.  

When she got home, I was out back clearing a path off their deck so the Baby could make it to her ramp that the Pres built and then to a small clearing to relieve herself when needed.  I was glad...so glad...to see she made it home safely!  Yet I could also see that she was exhausted and needed to rest.  We've been friends forever and knowing she needed to unwind, I called the Pres who he said he was on his way.  He knew that if she made it home, he would make it to pick me up.  Besides, he and I haven't gone on an adventure like that in a long time!!




Driving in nearly white conditions, his diesel plowed through the snow and slush as if it was powdered sugar spilled on a kitchen counter.  It was fun...:)!

Have you had any adventures in the recent crazy weather?
~~

Sharing with

Mosaic Monday


Comments

Popular Posts