Scattered

About a week ago, the Pres spotted one of the adult eagles diving into the woods in the direction of the nest.


Surprised by the sighting, a few days later I trudged through the snow and checked out the grounds around the nest.  Even though Kate at DEEP told me they could return anywhere from December to March to begin their nesting ritual, I was surprised to find bones...scattered once again all around the base of their tree.






Not far from the base of "their" tree, I snapped a pic of the tall, dead pine, their favorite look-out.  Still standing strong, it is a perfect vantage point enabling the mate to perch nearby and watch for intruders like me while one stays on the nest.

Did you know that both adults take turns caring for the eggs and chicks?  

Did you know that when they land on the nest they curl in their talons to prevent damaging the eggs?




 New this year...a huge hornet/wasp nest dangling over the clearing between their cluster of pines and my vantage point.  

Hmmm...something for me to think about. Is it true wasps will not return to a used nest?


My trail home...still clear with the the exception of a few small fallen cedars.  I guess I need to get ready for duty!

Do you think I should purchase a blind?




Sharing with you and


Comments

Popular Posts