Not So Random

Snuggling with the Pres has always been easy for me. Making me feel safe, it's always been his strong, warm arms and the beating of his heart that quiet me. 

 A few weeks ago, the Pres had to have an echocardiogram done after his annual visit to our doctor. The Pres, like many other people, has a heart murmur caused by rheumatic fever when he was a child. But the doctor heard something unusual and wanted to get a few answers.

Although the test itself is quite simple, it seemed to take forever. What I found was that every time they would instruct the Pres to take a short breath, I would do the same. "Take a deep breath and hold it...hold it," she would say and I found myself inhaling and exhaling deeply, as I sat on the nearby cold, well-worn, green vinyl chair, while the pres lay on his side doing as he was told.



If you've ever had one of these done...first the pictures are taken using one instrument then the cardiologist team, using another instrument, listens to the sounds made by the arteries, veins and valves.

  Ahhhhh, yes. It was the beating of his heart that calmed me...quieted me...comforted me, releasing my mind from worry about Sis.  Symptoms of aortic valve malfunction include dizziness, shortness of breath, chest pain, heart failure and fainting.  


The Pres' heart...

 although not fine...
Side by side, it beats 
Along with mine




Sharing with you and 

Random 5 Friday

Comments

Popular Posts