Guilt Free Chicken

Buying the Dodge Diesel after he retired, the Pres, like any other car owner, has made himself at home in it.  He has everything he needs in the huge console that folds down in between the driver and passenger seat.

And it's been good all these years until....



We were out doing a few errands one morning and the Pres wanted to get one of those fresh oven roasters from Stop and Shop.  Intentionally saving that stop for last, we pulled into Stop & Shop and he ran in.  They had just come out of the oven and he was first in line, which was a good thing because he has no patience for waiting.

There he was approaching the truck.  Meanwhile, I was trying to make additional room on the front seat for the packages we already had and thought it would be nice if I flipped up the console giving us more room.
It was a noble thought, don't you think?

NOT!  When I flipped up the console, little did I know that the lid was not snapped shut.  In the blink of an eye, the Pres' life went flying all over the back seat and floor...just about everything with the exception of the coins in the coin holder!  Watching me scramble to grab things and shove them back, he said, "Don't worry, Honey, I can't find anything in there anyway."

Whew!  Now I could enjoy that roasted to perfection chicken without feeling guilty!

Comments

Popular Posts