Trained By the Best

Once the weather got chilly, it was time to have Moon and Copper enjoy the comforts of being in the house.  Bringing in the feeding stations was the easy part because of having the partially finished basement which is readily accessible for them to go in and out as well as the location of their beds.

They do not sleep together.  They never have.  They've always had their own place so Moon chose the office while Copper opted for the corner of the hallway at the base of the stairs.  However....

Copper has always "done stairs" while Moon is reluctant and being nine, we do not force her.  She is very content when the Pres, Copper and I are in the great room watching TV.   A few nights ago, Copper missed the top step tumbling down the remaining stairs on all fours which scared me as much as him!  Now, I make sure he goes slowly walking next to him as he descends.  



Okay, forget the stairs...moving on to a whole new topic.

I noticed something interesting the other night.  Something that just seemed to pop out at me although it's been going on for years.  Copper got up from his sprawled out position, came close to me and stood...just stood there.  Sitting up I asked him, "do you want a drink or do you need to go outside?"  

Walking over and standing at the top of the stairs, he looked left toward the door leading to the garage then down the stairs, as f digesting what I said.  Then, he turned his head in the direction of the door leading to the garage.  That meant "out."

Yes, I have been trained by the best!
(or do you think I can read a dog's body language?)


Sharing with you and those at

Camera Critters


Comments

Popular Posts