The Shrink...A Story


"Shrink" is a term used in retail meaning stolen/missing merchandise. Since my daughter has worked in retail, she has told me stories about numerous thieves and their attempts to steal merchandise. For years, I heard her voice her disdain and disgust towards these people let alone those she pursued on foot across parking lots until the security guards took over. So last week, when we went shopping...





With Christmas being just a few days away, people were scurrying around, bumping into each other, pushing their carts into passers by and shoplifting....YES, I said shoplifting.

While standing in the checkout line at Victoria's Secret this week, I saw a woman pick up one of the items on display at the checkout counter. It was in a basket marked 3 for $25 or $10 each. She reached into the basket, picked up one of the small boxed perfumes, turned her body so the clerk behind the counter couldn't see and just dropped it in her opened purse!

Immediately. I told my daughter what I saw and since we were then called to be taken care of, we told the manager, describing the woman...a woman in her late forties/early fifties with long dark hair, wearing brown leather boots and black peacoat and sporting a Kate Spade handbag no less!!

I still cannot believe she STOLE something!






Comments

Popular Posts