Paying It Forward

This morning, although blustery, I headed out to pick up a few things.  My main objective was to find nice boxes that I could put smaller amounts of cookies in to give as gifts.

Exiting my car and hitting the door lock button, a woman who was parked nearby said, "If you'd like a carriage, I have one here that I'm done with."

Smiling and thanking her as I took the carriage from her, she replied, "A woman gave it to me earlier and I thought I'd pay it forward."  

"We do need to do more of that," I said, thanking her and wishing her a Merry, Merry Christmas!  Her small gesture had put a smile on my face before I went into the store, making my shopping a little more pleasant.

Before too much time had lapsed, I found myself at the checkout counter where the clerk asked if I would like to donate to the local food bank. My answer?  "Yes, please." (Still smiling but now thinking about those who need local food banks.)

When placing the bags in my trunk, a woman pulled in and while locking her car I said, "Here's a carriage if you need one.  Someone gave it to me earlier and I thought I'd pay it forward."  

Exchanging small talk about Christmas cards at first and Christmas wishes later, I knew the gesture had put a smile on her face as well. 



Great boxes and at a great price...only $2.00 each!!

Please do something nice for someone today.

It will make them feel good.

Don't you agree?
  Sharing with you and

 Mosaic Monday

Comments

Popular Posts