It Came From the North (cont.)

Well, if you guessed a TURKEY, you were right!

How did I figure that out, you ask?

The day it happened, I went out to inspect the South side of the house and yard.  Much to my surprise, when I got out there, a turkey (a hen) was frantically running back and forth along the inside of the fence-line.  Scurrying back and forth, she finally turned toward the open, running though the snow across the small clearing and was airborne, sailing over the fence toward the woods to the North and freedom.

When I told the Pres about her, he thought she was the answer.  And that night, when I climbed into bed, I thought of using my camera to see the pattern on the roof.  Yep.  First thing in the morning...that's what I would do.



It all began to make sense as I extended the lens.  The imprints...the distance between them...the footprints and finally the proximity to the peak.


Then, of course, the well-trampled snow along the fence-line.





Thanks to my camera, zoom-er, the picture became clear.
The puzzle was solved.
A southbound turkey had hit our house!!


Has anything ever hit your house readers?

~~

Sharing with

Camera Critters

Outdoor Wednesday

Rurality Blog Hop


Comments

Popular Posts