Today's Recipe

Cranberry Bars

Cranberry Filling:

3/4 c sugar
1/2 c water
2 c fresh cranberries
1/4 c orange juice
1 Tbsp grated orange peel
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 c chopped walnuts
To make the cranberry filling, combine sugar and water in a heavy saucepan and bring to a boil. Add cranberries and cook until they pop (about 5 minutes). Add orange juice, peel, butter, cinnamon and cook another 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and stir in walnuts. Set aside to cool (I refrigerate while I make the dough).

Oatmeal Dough:

2 c sifted flour
1 1/2 c sugar
1 1/4 c softened butter
3 c uncooked oatmeal
To make oatmeal dough, sift together flour, sugar then cut in butter with a pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add oatmeal and mix thoroughly. At half of the dough in an ungreased 9x13 baking pan, patting firmly and evenly. Spread cooled cranberry filling on top, then pat remaining dough mixture evenly on top of cranberry mixture.

Bake @ 350 for 25-30 min or until lightly browned. Cool and cut into bars.


What I am trying to do is post the recipe that I make the day I bake it. Otherwise, I file them back in the recipe box and forget to share! Gosh, it's rough to get old...ER!!!!

P.S. If there any recipes that you're interested in, let me know and I'll try to post them in between.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thus far I've made:

Chocolate Chocolate Chip
Oatmeal Raisin
Cranberry, Coconut, Oatmeal (Mission Inn)
Chocolate Spritz
Orange Delights
Ginger Crinkles
Cinnamon Ginger
Chocolate Chip
Lemon Bars
Cranberry Bars
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip




Comments

Popular Posts