Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

If you must try any of my favorite cookie recipes, this one is highly recommended, especially when all that canned pumpkin is on sale because one batch only requires one cup of pumpkin.  Usually I pick up the 15 oz can of unseasoned pumpkin and then just double the remaining ingredients.

I've been making these since Charlotte gave me the recipe which was when the Pres and I began dating!  And that, my friends was back in 1802...LOL (aka 1987).

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1/2 margarine (I use butter)
1  1/2 c sugar
1 egg
1 cup pumpkin
2 1/2 c flour
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips

Cream butter & sugar.  Beat in egg, pumpkin & vanilla.  Add remaining ingredients excpet choclate chips and mix well.  Add chips.

Drop by tablespoons onto well-greased cookie sheets.  Bake @ 350 for 10-12 minutes.  Remove from sheets while warm and cool on wire rack.  Makes 4-5 dozen.

Comments

Popular Posts